First Year Law Tutor - Part Time - Auckland
Momentum Tutoring is New Zealand’s leading University tutoring company, specialising in first year law tuition. We work closely with the College of Law, the main provider of post-graduate qualifications for those wanting to be admitted to practice law in New Zealand.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, dedicated and hard-working person to join our team of first year law tutors! We are looking for both group tutors AND one-on-one tutors for Law 121G and Law 131. Be sure to specify which roles you’re applying for.
Becoming a first-year law tutor for Momentum Tutoring means you will work with a team that’s consistently rated highly by customers: 96% of our customers say they would refer us to a friend. A full 80% of our students get A- or higher, and 91% of our customers receive an offer for part 2 law.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being able to plan and confidently lead a weekly 1.5-hour group tutorial based on the 2018 course curriculum (GROUP TUTORIALS ONLY)
- Being able to confidently connect and work with students in a one-on-one tutorial situation based on each student’s needs (ONE-ON-ONE TUTORIALS ONLY)
- Preparing mock test/exam questions and answers
- Marking and giving feedback on mock tests and exams
- Plan and teach large group workshops - spanning roughly 3 hours and taking up to 75 students
What we’re looking for:
- Is a current University of Auckland Law student (preferably Part II or III Law)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Our goal is to support and empower our students to perform to the best of their abilities, and this requires much more than just academic knowledge.
- Has attained excellent grades throughout their time at Auckland Law School. In the past, we have hired tutors with exceptional academic results in Part 1, with a subsequent GPA above 6.
- Is able to work independently when necessary, but is also able to work under instruction from other team members
- Is able to cope and problem-solve under high-stress situations
- Is self-motivating, friendly, hard-working, organised, efficient, dedicated and most importantly, fun!
What you’ll get from us:
- Full training
- Access to our professional mentorship program where you’ll be paired with a mentor who has recently graduated from law school and works in your preferred area (law, consulting, accountancy, banking)
- Market-leading compensation (Around 7x higher hourly wages than retail)
- The chance to make a meaningful impact and help a fellow student.
- Staff parties with beverages and catering.
If this sounds like you, please prepare a CV and covering letter and head over to the following link to get started:
We can’t wait to hear from you!